The leadership of Akatsi Senior High School Old Students Association (ASTOSA) and the Parent Teachers Association (PTA) are planning to embark on a joint conference which will be followed by demonstrations against what they termed improper conduct by the headmaster Mr. Dickson Amemasior.
The conference is scheduled for 20th January 2018 in the school’s premise which is to be followed by series of demonstrations until their demands are met.
According to the organizers, these are aimed at preserving the sanctity and dignity of the school.
In a letter to the District Police Commander, the leadership, requested for police protection for their members of about 1000 who will turn out for the demonstrations.
Prior to this developments, a petition signed by the I.K. Aquamoah the PTA Chairman and Reuben Abledu the ASOSA President was filled at the Regional Directory of Education for the headmaster to be investigated.
Attached to the petition was a list of allegations for which they think the headmaster must be invested and the appropriate measure taken against him.
Paramount among them is what they referred to as his act of disregard and disrespect towards the old students and the PTA.
Below are the rest of the allegations;
ALLEGATIONS OF IMPROPER CONDUCT AGAINST MR. DICKSON AMEMASIOR,
- The headmaster has been intimidating and victimizing PTA executives on staff and has been telling the PTA executives that G.E.S. does not need any help from the PTA to develop the school.
- The PTA is a formidable stakeholder in education but the headmaster braggingly said he has no regard for the PTA and its executives.
- The headmaster took an amount totaling GHc550.00 (Five Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis) on the 17th and 19th of May, 2017 of PTA money from the accounts office for his personal use without any knowledge of the PTA executives.
- The headmaster unilaterally negotiated for housing new students without any involvement of the PTA executives, whilst the practice has been the PTA renting and paying for the students’ accommodation.
- The Regional PTA Executives came to mediate between the local PTA Executives (AKAST) and the headmaster and also to explain certain things to both parties, the headmaster refused to meet with them and they had to leave without the meeting which was in the known to the headmaster.
- The headmaster has no regard for the staff and he always say it braggingly.
- The headmaster has placed a ban on intercessory prayers on campus until the D.C.E. intervened.
- The headmaster said that the old students did not post him to the school and so he cannot respond to any concerns they may have about the school.
- The headmaster told the old students’ executives who went to him in his office after he told them they cannot question him on anything about the school that the school is on its own and the old students’ association is also own its own and so the school does not need the old students to develop,” after all, there are schools without old students’ association but they exist”.
- The headmaster again told the old students’ executives that he was not prepared to respond to any letter from their outfit and he demonstrated that by refusing to respond the a letter the old students wrote to him asking to know for the records the causes of the delay in delivering scholarship forms to six deserving students of the 2016 year group who were selected by the MasterCard scholarship foundation but which were only given to the said students after the closing date of the opportunity and the old students had to contribute money to send some of those students to school. Again, he refused to respond to a letter the old students sent him after his failure to respond to our phone calls to book an appointment to have a meeting with him.
- The headmaster always has open confrontations with staff on campus.
- The headmaster does not attend school gatherings
- On several occasions, people including the old students and parents went to the school to have discussions with the headmaster but no information was known about his whereabouts even by the people he works with.
- The headmaster said he is not prepared to work with anyone because it was the Director-General who posted him to the school and so he has no regard for anyone.
Story by: Agbaxode Kobla Emmanuel- Avenorpeme www.voltanewsonline.com