Fire has consumed a two bedroom house in Nkwanta- south in the Volta region in the early hours of Friday 26th January 2018 destroying several items worth over thousands of Ghana cedis.
Eyewitness Papa, disclosed to Adom news that he was passing by when he saw smoke coming from one window and shouted for help around 6:30 am.
Speaking to the affected landlord, Mr. Setu-Mantey Emil retired, also disclosed that he was in the bathroom when he heard about the fire.
“I was having my bath when I heard Papa calling and shouting. I quickly came out from the bath naked when I saw my bedroom with heavy smoke. By the time I got to the room the fire had already consumed all my belongings but my money over ¢1,500 was retrieved but undisclosed amount got burnt ” he confirmed.
He couldn’t explain the cause of the fire but confirmed that there was a full candlestick in the room which was off before he went out to have his bath.
Meanwhile, the fire officers who refused to disclosed their names assured that they are doing everything to identify the cause of the fire.
Obrempong Ba Kwame Owusu reporting from Nkwanta